Shure Studio Microphones Tuscaloosa AL
1447 2nd Ct E
228 14th St
5011 Skyland Blvd E
859 Woodall Rd
Valley Appliance, Inc
2717 Spring Ave. SW Decatur, Al 35603
Appliance Parts Inc
228 14th St Ste 101
303 15th Street East
Night Owl Appliance Service
511 Shallow Creek Rd
Aaron's Sales & Lease
8580 Madison Blvd
Home Appliance Service/72 Degrees
411 6th Street South
Air Conditioning, Heating, Repairs
Shure Studio Microphones
Shure Incorporated has announced the latest additions to its line of KSM microphones - the new KSM42 and KSM44A. The pinnacle of Shure advancements in microphone development, KSM microphones deliver world-class sound reproduction from exquisite electro-acoustical design and technology.
The KSM42 is a premium, side-address, cardioid condenser microphone for premier vocal recording. "We built the KSM42 so that it would excel in studio vocal applications," says Chad Wiggins, Shure's Category Manager for Wired Products. "From the capsule and the preamp to the housing and the accessories, we designed the KSM42 to deliver a natural environment for sophisticated performance and recording."
With a tailored frequency response and extensive internal and external pop filtering, the single-pattern, dual-diaphragm design of the KSM42 exhibits an ultra-wide dynamic range and exceptionally smooth proximity control for studio applications. "When engineers put the KSM42 in front of a vocalist, they're going to get a consistent tonal quality whether that vocalist is two inches from the microphone or two feet away," Wiggins adds.
The KSM44A is a large-diaphragm, side-address condenser microphone that can be used in a variety of live and studio applications. Innovative Shure technology has redefined the dynamic range of the mic to capture every nuance with a groundbreaking minimum of self-noise. "The KSM44A is truly a feat in engineering," Wiggins explains. "We've lowered the self-noise while simultaneously increasing the max sound pressure level (SPL). The result is seven decibels of pure dynamic range."
Unique features of the KSM44A include:
- Multiple polar patterns-cardioid, omnidirectional and bidirectional-for maximum flexibility in a wide variety of recording applications
- Dual one-inch, externally biased, ultra-thin, 2.5 micron, 24-karat gold-layered, low mass diaphragms that offer superior frequency response
- Premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Subsonic filter, which eliminates rumble from mechanical vibration below 17 hertz (cycles per second)
- Three-position switchable low-frequency filter that helps reduce unwanted stand vibration noise or counteract proximity effect
- Integrated three-stage "pop" protection grille that reduces breath noise
Unique features of the KSM42 include:
- Highly consistent cardioid polar pattern creating a broad "sweet spot" and natural off-axis response for superior sound quality
Click here to read the rest of the article from EQ Magazine