IK Multimedia has announced that the iRig guitar and bass interface adapter for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad is now shipping worldwide. The new iRig interface allows guitar and bass players to plug their instruments directly into the headphone/microphone input jack on their mobile Apple device and access the new world of mobile guitar and bass tone – AmpliTube for iPhone.
- 1/4-inch jack mono instruments input with Hi-Z impedance adapter - suitable for guitars, bass, synthesizers, mixing consoles
- 1/8-inch mini-jack stereo output can be connected to headphones, amplifiers, powered speakers
- Compatible with iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, iPod Touch 2nd and 3rd generation, iPad
- Ultra-low latency (down to 128 samples) for real time playing with AmpliTube Feedback cancellation and noise filter available in AmpliTube
- Works also with any other apps like tuners, recorders, etc.
Combined with the AmpliTube for iPhone app range (FREE, LE and FULL versions already available on the iTunes app store) the iRig interface adapter allows everyone to plug their instrument into their iOS mobile device and play anywhere with real effects and amplifier tones, just like a traditional guitar or bass stage rig.
In the app, your signal chain can consist of up to 3 simultaneous stompbox effects plus amplifier, cabinet and microphone, all reconfigurable with the touch of a finger. Choose from 11 stompbox effects (including fuzz, distortion, overdrive, delay, wah, envelope filter, chorus, flanger, noise filter, phaser and octave) 5 amps (clean, crunch, lead overdrive, modern hi-gain and bass), 5 cabinets and 2 microphones to create your custom portable rig.
Additional Tuner, Metronome and Backing-Track player with loop-points allow for play and practice anytime, anywhere.
The iRig is the ideal companion not only to the AmpliTube mobile app range, but also works with any other recording, processing or tuning app. Plus, you can also use the iRig with line level signal sources s...